Wed, Apr 21 | Live Stream Event

How The Human Body Gains Weight Through The Stomach & Loses It Via The Lungs With Ruben Meerman

Registration is Closed
How The Human Body Gains Weight Through The Stomach & Loses It Via The Lungs With Ruben Meerman

Time & Location

Apr 21, 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM MDT
Live Stream Event

About the Event

When you lose weight, where does it go? Ask a friend and they'll say fat is converted to energy, or turns into muscle, or gets flushed down the toilet, but none of those are correct. The truth is that we lose weight by converting fat into carbon dioxide and then exhaling it. In fact, 75% of all the mass in the macronutrients we eat share the same metabolic fate. 

In this discussion, we'll explore the direct physiological connection between our stomach, lungs and waistline, and how this knowledge can inform and even motivate us to maintain a healthy weight.

About Ruben Meerman

Ruben Meerman is a physicist, educator and author of Big Fat Myths: When you lose weight, where does the fat go? Ruben's fascination with carbon dioxide and breathing stems from his personal experience of losing 30 pounds and wondering where all that fat had gone. His calculations revealed that 84% of the fat people lose is exhaled as CO₂ and the remaining 16% becomes water. His findings were published in the British Medical Journal in 2014 and his TEDx Talk on this topic has since attracted more than 10 million views. Ruben is now on a mission is to ensure all children learn that the food they eat is converted into the carbon dioxide they exhale.

Website: https://rubenmeerman.com/

Twitter: @surfnscientist

Instagram: @rubenmeerman

Facebook: www.facebook.com/surfingscientist/

Link to e-book on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Fat-Myths-weight-where-ebook/dp/B01E96DQC4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=big+fat+myths&qid=1611457379&sr=8-1

Tickets
Price
Quantity
Total
  • Life With Breath Ruben Meerman
    $0
    $0
    0
    $0
Total$0

Share This Event