Mon, Apr 06|
Ed Harrold's 12-Hour Breath AS Medicine Premium Class @ Wellcoaches School of Coaching
Discover the power of intentional breathing physiology and psychology as a dynamic way of improving a client’s level of health and well-being, fitness and overall performance. Offer your client’s health improvement strategies that target the leading causes of ill-health.
Time & Location
Apr 06, 2020, 1:00 PM EDT – May 25, 2020, 3:00 PM EDT
Wellcoaches Corporation, 19 Weston Rd, Wellesley, MA 02482, USA
About the event
Discover the power of intentional breathing physiology and psychology as a dynamic way of improving a client’s level of health and well-being, fitness and overall performance. No matter whether you’re working in the corporate or healthcare environment, offering your client’s health improvement strategies that target the leading causes of ill-health today is key.
As stress continues to rank as the primary challenge to our health, prevention & self-care programs should include tools and strategies to reduce stress instead of adding to accelerated aging and ill-health. Dysfunctional breathing (primarily instigated by stress) is playing a role in 4 of the top 5 the leading causes of death and symptoms of ill-health.
Ed Harrold’s "Breath AS Medicine" breathwork training focuses on nasal dominance by applying the principles and philosophy of yoga breathing (or pranayama) to improve breathing rates and patterns; thereby, improving brain health, heart health, respiratory health, nervous system imbalances, endocrine health, circadian & ultradian rhythms as well as cognitive function and emotional intelligence.
“If I had to limit my advice on healthier living to just one tip, it would be simply to learn how to breathe correctly.”
~Dr. Andrew Weil
Pranayama (or yoga breathing) is the science of learning to control the breath for various physiologic, biochemical, biomechanical and psychological outcomes overlooked in current health, fitness and wellbeing programs.
"Breath AS Medicine" (BreathMed) breathwork is a highly effective modality for both the prevention of illness as well as therapy for managing and/or reversing existing chronic illness. With evidence-based concepts & strategies, this breathwork training is specifically designed for wellness coaches who want to learn the art, science and application of yoga breathing as a self-care, wellness & well-being, patient care and patient education practice in prevention, lifestyle medicine, behavior change and supplement to conventional care.
8 Weeks Beginning Monday, April 6th. Classes held Mondays from 1:00pm to 3:00pm EST.
Weeks 1 thru 4: The art & science of breath regulation (Pranayama)
• How yoga breathing influences various systems and organs:
o Nervous Systems
o Brain Function
o Heart Health
o Digestive & Endocrine
o Posture & Core Stabilization
• Learn 6 key breathing techniques & how to sequence them for various physiological & biochemical outcomes
• Health benefits and contraindications
Weeks 5 thru 8: How, When, Why To Apply Breath As A Therapeutic Tool
• Stress Reduction (physical, mental/cognitive & emotional intelligence & self-regulation)
• Heart Health (breathing rates, heart rates, heart rate variability & vagal tone)
• Sleep Health (circadian & ultradian rhythms, yoga nidra, brain breaks)
• Exercise & Weight Loss (moving from mouth to nasal dominance)
Teaching strategies include lecturing, discussing, review current research, experiential learning and practice teaching sessions. Each participant will be required to submit a 15-minute guided video-taped teaching session.
• Recognize the importance of breathing rates & patterns and its’ role of balancing our nervous system(s), heart & brain function for optimal health, sleep, fitness and wellbeing
• Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to incorporate BreathMed within clinical areas of expertise
• Provide patient education and self-care routines to improve health outcomes and patient wellbeing
Discover your “life with breath” by incorporation “breath as medicine” within healthcare & disease management, prevention & lifestyle, stress reduction, sleep medicine, fitness and exercise.
REGISTRATION LINK AVAILABLE SHORTLY!