Mon, Oct 12|
10-Hour Breath AS Medicine For Educators Training
Breath AS Medicine is a highly effective modality for reducing stress and improving wellness and well-being. With evidence-based concepts & strategies, this training is specifically designed for teachers and educators who want to learn the art, science and application of therapeutic yoga breathing.
Time & Location
Oct 12, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM MDT
About the event
Ed Harrold’s Breath AS MedicineTM training focuses on nasal dominance by applying the principles and philosophy of yoga breathing (or pranayama) to improve breathing rates and patterns; thereby, improving brain health, heart health, respiratory health, nervous system imbalances, endocrine health, circadian & ultradian rhythms as well as cognitive function and emotional intelligence.
Pranayama (or yoga breathing) is the science of learning to control the breath for various physiologic, biochemical, biomechanical and psychological outcomes overlooked in current health and wellbeing programs. As the research affirms, the therapeutic benefits of Yoga Breathing (or Pranayama) reveal itself through the positive effects on our Central/Autonomic/Enteric Nervous Systems, Immune, Digestive, Cardiovascular, Brain & Neuroendocrine systems.
Breath AS Medicine is a highly effective modality for reducing stress and improving wellness and well-being. With evidence-based concepts & strategies, this training is specifically designed for teachers and educators who want to learn the art, science and application of yoga breathing as a self-care, wellness & well-being practice as it relates to physical, mental and emotional health.
Teaching strategies include lecturing, discussing, analyzing current research, completing hands-on exercises and practice teaching sessions.
- History and philosophy of Pranayama (the science of breath regulation)
- Yoga Breathing Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
- Introduce 10 Basic, Intermediate and Advanced yoga breathing techniques
- Explain health benefits and contraindications
- How, When, Why To Apply Breath As A Therapeutic Tool
- As a self-care tool for reducing stress & building resilience
- Balancing Circadian & Ultradian Rhythms with Yoga Nidra & Brain Breaks
- Improving sleep, raising energy
- Improve levels of concentration/clarity/memory
- Improve negative habitual patterns of thought and behavior
- Improve areas of the brain related to cognition and emotional intelligence
- Introduce breath-based movement patterns to improve posture
· Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to demonstrate breathwork techniques & sequenced breathwork practices
· Incorporate daily self-care routines to reduce occupational stress and relieve burnout while building resilience
· Be equipped to deliver mindful movement exercises linked with breath to improve posture and the student's "state of learning"
· Develop breath-based "brain break" activities to balance the left and right hemispheres of the brain
· Gain the knowledge for how breathing influences cognition, emotional intelligence and behavior change.
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Mondays Evenings For 4 Consecutive Weeks
No refund will be granted without a written notice of cancellation. No refunds will be granted to those cancelling 30 days prior to scheduled training OR to those cancelling after the training has begun. A $50 administration fee will be applied to all refunds.
This training is being delivered via GoToMeeting. The training will run on Monday evenings from 6:00pm to 8:00pm MST for 4 consecutive weeks. Upon completion of the training, each participant will be required to take a written exam which will be emailed to each participant on the last day of the training.
- Group discounts apply. Rate for 5+ attendees @ $325/person. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your group set-up.
- 20% of the proceeds of your training fee goes to The Goldie Hawn Foundation MindUP to support their mission and goals. Thank you for your support!